|Director of Marketing
|The Director of Marketing is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring marketing plans and budgets, brand development and positioning, as well as designing and implementing creative collateral to promote the revenue generating areas of XFINITY Arena at Everett and the Edward D. Hansen Conference Center.
The individual will manage, supervise and coordinate all the activities of the Marketing Department to reach budget goals and generate revenue. The Director of Marketing will implement marketing plans, manage event advertising budgets and promotions and ensure successful sales and group sales campaigns for events. He/she is responsible for maintaining relationships with media partners and ensuring fulfillment of contracts while overseeing the media buying and billing process. He/she is responsible for public relations, promotions and publicity for the facility and the events: concerts, sporting events, conventions and tradeshows within the facility, while developing creative marketing campaigns that promote public/community awareness. He/she must be able to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, days, evenings, holidays, and extended (long) workdays for an extended number of days as needed.
The Director of Marketing will act as a leader and mentor for the Marketing Coordinator and group sales staff. The Director of Marketing will also take a very active role in the communication and support efforts for other departments such as the Edward D. Hansen Conference Center Sales Team, Corporate Partnerships, the Everett Silvertips and the General Manager.
|• Responsible for the development, implementation and review of the marketing plan and brand development and positioning for XFINITY Arena at Everett and the Edward D. Hansen Conference Center
• Active role in Public Relations efforts such as media releases, story pitches, media drops, interviews, etc
• Actively pursue, develop, and grow relationships in the community with businesses, non-profit organizations, arena partners and other stakeholders
• Provide leadership and direction to the Marketing Coordinator and the Group Sales Department.
• Manage the marketing operating budget for XFINITY Arena at Everett
• Set and manage the achievement of departmental goals and objectives
• Create marketing plans for events being promoted at the arena in conjunction with a promoter or on behalf of the Arena
• Ensure the development, maintenance and coordination of advertising/sponsorship opportunities.
• Negotiate and maintain promotional partnerships with corporate partners
• Manage day-to-day promotions and event activities
• Manage social media platforms and website for the facility
• Assist in the coordination of internet and database marketing programs and initiatives
• Responsible for all collateral materials such as print ads, radio commercials, television commercials, media placement, promotional pieces, posters, schedules, calendars and various brochures from concept to completion for select events and concerts
• Provide marketing support for concerts, family shows, sporting events, conventions and tradeshows and miscellaneous events for the arena and the conference center
• Negotiate, close, implement and evaluate media, promotional and sponsorship deals for events.
• Responsible for the coordination of marketing between promoters, artist management and local media
• Responsible for the creation of new, unbudgeted revenue-generating marketing programs.
• Other duties as required
|• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in marketing, communications or sports/business management.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales and/or marketing, preferably with a sports facility, convention center, performing arts facility or other multi-purpose public assembly facility
• Knowledge of marketing and advertising/sponsorship program development
• Knowledge of Data Base Marketing software
• Knowledge of Public Relations
• Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language required.
• Knowledge of interactive media (including but not limited to website maintenance, online advertising and email marketing)
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation, graphic design, Power Point and Internet software
• Familiarity with publishing software such as Microsoft Publisher, Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
• Knowledge of media buying and promotions
• Knowledge of Smart DM
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong work ethic – self-directed learner.
• Creative and proactive problem solver.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and selected holidays
|Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt
|How To Apply:
|To apply please send your resume to Nichole_Caruso@comcastspectacor.com